About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 2

Today I did not get up a 5:am due to "B" having some oral surgery done so I decided to hit the gym up after work to do some strength training.  I was there for all of an hour and just had a crap workout.  Flat bench went good; I'm up 15 pounds on my normal 4 set work out (160 lbs).  Flat bench dumbbell presses were OK, 4 sets of 8 (55 lbs) and finished up with 4 sets of incline dumbbells (45 lbs) however that is as far as I got.  There was another man on the incline press and i could not finish my chest workout which I guess just messed me up.  so I kinda floundered around the gym.  I did a full 3 sets of lat pull-downs (45, 45+25, 45+35) then 1 set of pull-ups.  Left the gym kinda depressed.  However Today's Insanity workout was Cardio Power & Resistance.  I missed Sat. workout and did not make it up :-(


My left foot had developed a problem and from what I have read it seems to be a Plantar Fasciitis injury.  On the plus side, during my recovery from the broke foot my physical therapist taught me how to tape my foot for just this injury !










So after a good taping tonight I journeyed out to my workout.  To my surprise my foot felt GREAT, which was a very good motivator.  I powered through the warm-up and held my own through the 3 round 1work out set.  Then I was burnt but pushed through.

I was absolutely exhausted when done but did not have to break as much as the 1st week.  Improvement was seen.  What a sweaty mess I was !!  Pure Cardio tomorrow, last time I was disappointed in my performance in this work out.  Let's see if I can "Bring It" in the morning.

Weigh In: 175 lbs after workout.

No comments: