About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Thursday, July 8, 2010


A couple months and a few thousand dollars later surgery was determined to be my best bet. By now I was losing muscle strength and the numbness was not going away. The Dr advised me that if we did not do something soon I could be facing severe & permanent nerve damage.

So in early October 2009 the Dr successfully completed an Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF). Which is another topic for a later time.


The result of my surgery was a complete success, I now have about 97% feeling back in my hand and no muscle spasms. As for an additional bonus, now I have a Titanium plate & four titanium screws placed on my spine.

No comments: