About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TYPE-A

In typical Type-A class and style I have a case of TMTS!

Too Much Too Soon, so I guess starting my 1/2 marathon training with a 13 mile run and about killing myself then following it up with a 14.6 mile run at 5K training pace is not the way to do it (See Catch-Up Post Here). All this without stopping or decreasing any of my normal millage.

So after after about 2 weeks of pain in my left Tibia and hoping it was just shin splints I broke down and went to my Ortho.  Some discussion and x-rays we agree that I probably have stress fractures and need a bone scan.  That has been ordered for Friday so will know more then.  However I am prepping myself for 4-6 wks of no running and cancelling my Pamlico Jack Challenge (8K+ Half Marathon) and 3 other races I had on-tap.

Well now I have been talking to my trainer and we are going to start on a stress fracture friendly training program that will keep my running cardio up and keep me in shape so hopefully the recovery to running again will not be so bad. Triathlon X-Training Here I come !!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you're freaking. As you know I just went through that. If it is a stres fx WEAR THE BOOT! I swear it's the only reason I healed a grade 4 sfx in 7 weeks. I wore the boot for 3 weeks. I biked and swam my ass off and that helps but after my first comeback run today I noticed my gluts and calves are weak. If you can keep those up it will help.

Maybe it's not a fracture.. Fingers crossed. I've had 3 of them so it's almost an annual event lately. Get on the bike and in the pool. Work it! We won't go out like this!

Your blog is great! Keep it updated. I love this stuff!

Hang in there!
Laura