About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Bad Runs

So I will be honest, I can not stand a bad run.  I mean it ruins the rest of whatever day I have left.  If I have a bad run at lunch time the rest of the day is shot.  If I have a bad run in the evening I go to be mad.  I just ruins everything.

Last night was one of those runs.  I started out with a sore shoulder / Neck & a sore left foot & Shin.  I figured I would do a walking warm-up then stretch then ease into a jog.  All that went well, some mild pain but overall it was ok.  After that I started my run.  It seemed like every step I had someone hitting my left shin with a crowbar, I don't know what have done, so I decided to do some interval stuff. 3 Min Run W/ 90 Sec walk.  I did this for about 2.5 miles then finished up with a light run to my turn around point.

At the turn around I stopped and stretched my neck, calfs & Quads.  Reset my RunKeeper and off I went determined to finish out the last 2 miles at a decent pace.  I ran back to the neighborhood holding about a 7:15 min/mile pace.  It hurt but I was able to push through it.  I hate days that that.

Well, later on friends.

RunKeeper #1

RunKeeper #2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I could have written that. I know those runs. If I start doing walking warm ups and nothing good comes out of them I close up shop and leave. But the next day is usually kick ass. Physically you'll feel better and mentally you're excited and ready to redeem yourself.

Now that I've been injured almost 6 weeks (stress fx in my tibia) I'm seeing stuff a little less intense than before. I miss my psycho workouts but in the end it'll be ok.

I bet you're out there and killed your next w/o. ; ) Keep it up. Love your blog!

TP said...

Hi Laura, Unfortunately they are not getting any better. Raced Sunday & ran again Tonight, Not quite sure what the problem is??.

Hope you leg is healing well.