About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tribe Tuesday

Today, like every Tuesday, is TRIBE Tuesday.  However this is a special meeting as it is the 1st ever Brick City Running Tribe Monthly Awards Tuesday.  Awards you say?  Yup, after earning 10 running credits, which are earned by Tuesday runs, Friday AM runs, or any other race with your BCRT shirt on, you earn a "Super Fly" BCRT Medal ! There were 14, I think, members that have earned their 10 or more credits and received one of these.

Now on to the running.  Nothing spectacular to mention.  I did the short run, my lower left leg still hurts but I stopped at mile 2 and stretched my calf's and that seemed to help a little bit.  After the stretch one of my buddies cruzed on by me so I tagged up with him and finished the last 1/4 with him somewhere around a 6:35 pace.


After the run the club went to a local Italian restaurant and handed out the medals and did a raffle drawing.

No comments: