About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Race Day Recap-9/11/2011 Cara 5k



FAIL - Well 90 % FAIL......
Unofficial GPS RunKeeper Results: Time: 21:51

Ok so by now we all know that I was amped up for the CARA 5K race.  It got cancelled, I was not going to get rescheduled but then I did get rescheduled but with no chip timing and was presented as a "Just for Run Run".  On top of all that It was rescheduled for September 11th.....UGH, could it had be a worse day?  Maybe, but that would have been tough to beat.

Race Day
Sooooo I'm not sure what happened to me but somewhere along the way I think I lost interest in this race.  I only say that because I think it was the worse race I had ever run.  there was EVERY opportunity for me to have an ultra fast race.  #1) I had  two great people to chase.  One of them is in the Running Tribe that I am a member of and the other was a guy wearing a TAF singlet.  My friend runs just a little slower than me but I like to let him lead for most of the course then at about mile 2 I turn it on and its all he can do to keep up with me.  However the TAF guy was running at about my 5K race pace.  The problem that I had was I had no Chase, and yes I like to chase, I had no Kick.  Nope, did not even kick it into high gear at the end when everyone was watching....and I had no desire to do either one of those.

Now I can come up with all the excuses that I need.  Foot pain, neck pain, shoulder pain & the leg pain I am dealing with right now.  Yup they were all present that morning but I would be lying to you If I told you that is what held me back.  The real reason is I just did not "Want It".  BTW I could have easily passed my buddy from the run club and I'm almost sure I could have at least caught the TAF guy, however that will wait until another day.  Maybe next year.

Now for the 10% Good.
Yes, I did PR the course.  A full 43 sec faster than my quickest run on this route
Yes, I did make it to church on-time.  (Race started at 8:15, I was in my truck leaving at 8:40, at church at 9:30 :-)  The Lord was pleased!)
AND......I WON THE GRAND DOOR PRIZE !!!!!!  Check out the cool swag below.

Well another race, another bib and another shirt.  Next time WILL be better.

Peace out Peeps!

Basket Contents !!!!
3 Running magazines
Frog Toggs Chilly Pad Cooling Towel
Feetures Elite Running / Cycling Sox
Sneaker Balls Shoe Freshener
Stick of Body Glide
1 Pair Yankz Sure Lace System
Brooks - DNA Playing Cards
Omega Sports t-Shirt
Brooks Sillicone Bracelet
Nathan L.E.D. Safty Strobe
Animal Rescue Magnet
Sneaker Keychain
Bag of Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
Larry's Beans Organic House Blend Coffee
4 - GU Energy Gels
Clif Shot Bloks
Clif Bar
Extreme Sports Beans

Grand Prize Basket

Detailed View of Basket Contents



No comments: