About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Let the Cross-Training Begin

So, last weekend was a big weekend for me.  I finally got off my wallet and with some birthday money that I recieved I went and re-outfitted my OLD triathlon bicycle with new wheels.  Check out the photos of the death & Resurrection of the TRI-BIKE!
Resurrection
DEATH











Next purchase on tap was some new goggles!  I have not purchased any new goggles in who knows how log, so off to the local sporting goods store I went.  Walked up to the display and did not recognize any of the styles so I just grabbed a pair of the Speedo branded ones, checked the return policy and off I went.
I ended up buying the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0  Needless to say these are HUGELY different from my old Racing Sweeds!  But after my 90 Min workout this morning they seem to do just fine.

 Now on to this mornings main course

Swim WorkOut-Total Distance 2,200Meters

Warm Up (Do 2x) - Total Distance 200m
100 Free Drill (Rest :35)
50 Free Kick (Rest 30)
50 Free Swim (Rest 1:00)


Main Set - Total Distance 1,200m
12 X 25 Free (Rest :30)
6 X 50 Free (Rest 1:00)
3 X 100 Free (Rest 1:30)
300 Free

Kick Set (Do 4X) Total Distance 400m
4 X 25 I.M. (Rest :20)

Cool Down Total Distance 200m
200 Free Easy


Afternoon Strength Workout


Dumbbell Press Press 12 Reps / 3 Sets 35#, 40#, 45#
Incline Dumbbell Presses 12 Reps / 3 sets 45#
ISO Lat Pull-Downs 10 Reps / 3 Sets 45#(Per Side), 70#(Per Side), 70#(Per Side)
Tricep Cable Pull-Downs 15 Reps / 3 sets 60#

Late Night "Monday" Work-Out
P90X Chest & Back
P90X Ab Ripper

Went home and passed out.
Keep on pushing friends, all this work will pay out someday..........I Hope :-)
Peace & Blessing

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your workouts are awesome. I have those goggles. I like them too. My swim isn't nearly as detailed as yours but I'm always trying new swim stuff. I warm up with the pull buoy. Love it. Also hand paddles rock. I do them for maybe 15 minutes. When I take them off I fly. It's fun. Good job!

TP said...

Pull Buoys are awesome, when I start Triathlon training I will almost exclusively train with them when doing freestyle. Try doing some closed fist freestyle drills, 100m closed fist then 100m regular freestyle. Talk about a great drill to make you feel like you’re are flying. On the Closed Fist make sure you are concentrating on trying to catch as much water with your forearms as you can...Check ya later!