About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ughhhhh, REALLY!?

  So today’s post work activity / workout was to paddle a new portion of the Deep River, about 6.8 miles of it.  TO BAD IT NEVER HAPPENED !
Why, ‘cause I’m stupid that’s why.

  On the way home from work I stopped to get gas in my motorcycle and broke the kay off in the gas tank lock.  I called the wife and asked her to bring me my spare.  Well, while I stand there waiting I decide to try and get the broken part out of the lock.  I went to my Tail-Bag and returned with the wire portion of a binder clip.  Carefully I placed the end of it into the whole where the key was broke off and tried to rotate it back to the lock position so I could actually get some gas and go home to worry about the broken part there, but alas the lock would not budge. 

  Now comes the super idea of the day !  My knife had a broken tip on the blade that looks like it just might fit beside the broken portion of the key and with the handle at a 90degree angle (not locking the blade out, 2nd mistake) I wedged it down there and started trying.  The more I tried the more frustrated it got.  Finally out of an act of aggravation I put more pressure on the handle and twisted really hard.  POP, the blade flew out of the key hole and …… yup you guessed it, sliced a nice hole in my right-hand index finger.  Ughhh, an even longer story short, called some friends to come and get my bike and take it to a local shop and off we went to the urgent care. 

Five stitches, a tetanus shot and a prescription for antibiotics later we were on our way home.  So much for paddling today!


No comments: