About My Journey

Some things to know about me and my journey. I broke my foot, OUCH, spent 6 weeks in a cast. As a result of that injury figured out that I hade an exploded disk in my neck and had to undergo spine surgery. After the surgery it was weight gain time. Now, after all that it's time to get back into shape, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hot Run


It has been soooo hot here lately, in the 100’s, it has been really hard to run and post up any decent times.  Since it has not been getting dark until about 8:30pm  I decided to do a late evening run tonight at 7:45 PM and would try some different techniquies J

Tonight’s workout I would start out with a 1mile warm-up then stop and stretch.  I held about an 8min mile for a little over a mile then stopped and stretched out my Hams, Quads, Calfs & Hipflexors.

Part II of the workout was a 1Mile sprint which I ended up holding a 7Min pace.
Part III of the workout was a 1Mile Recovery run at an 8Min Pace.
Part IV of the workout was a 2Mile tempo run at 7:30 Pace.


Overall I was very pleased with my run, even though my times are slow, but only time and training will fix that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this one! Good job! I just landed on your blog. YOU are tough!! Awesome. What state do you live in?

TP said...

Hi Laura, first of all thank you for the comment, sorry I missed it when you posted it! I live not too far from you, just down the road in Sanford,NC. I have been following your blog for quite a while and you keep inspiring me to go faster with your insane runs & even more insane times! Wish I had someone like you as a running coach.

Hope your leg heals quickly and don't over do the walk-a-plazooa!! hahah